Thursday, August 07, 2008

Unfinished business

Before I left for my holiday I started another quilt top, but didn't have enough time to finish it. This is more light and summery, and a quick project. It is based on this design, again by Denyse Schmidt. I really like the light feel of her designs.


I am thinking of giving this away to a friend. Fortunately I cut way too many pieces of all 4 fabrics that are used for the color stripes, that there are still plenty left to make another one for us.

Now I have two quilt tops to put together. Although I have all the necessary materials at hand it is a matter of finding the time. I feel that the quilting will need to be done in pretty much one session, or at least over a couple of days in quick succession, so I need a weekend that I will be around. I am not sure why I feel it needs to be done so, I haven't really done this before to actually have an opinion, so perhaps I am wrong and I am wasting valuable free time from weekday evenings.


Skid also liked it a lot. She spent hours rolling on it, showing off her fluffy tummy. If no one else appreciates my creations, at least I know I have three loyal fans!


Before leaving I also made a few more quick coasters for my parents' summer house. They are so addictive!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin