Monday, October 22, 2007

Catching up

It's been a while since I had anything worth posting about. Life has been busy with... well, life. But this weekend I was inspired, and made a few flowers out of felt.


On Saturday they came in very handy during my 2-hour commute for what should take no longer than 35 min.... I was having so much fun making them on the subway, that I overheard two Italian tourists commenting on how calm I appeared in the midst of frustrated people. The joys of living in the big city.

I decided to applique them on one of the bright green pillow cases I made a while ago. The picture sucks, though - this photo-shoot was a last minute decision, and couldn't wait for daylight.


In other news, I made a spinach pie with ready-made dough and some odd concoction of "Egyptian feta" that bares no resemblance to the real feta. I thought the term was patented... Anyway, it was quite yummy and all that is left from it by now is an empty pan.


Finally, here's a sneak peak of Seven's new favourite FINISHED (no borders yet) blankie. I can see I 'll have to fight for the right to use it. So far, it was almost impossible to do any work on it, as Seven would run and sit on it as soon as I went near it. I have no illusions that she may have wanted to help. She just wanted to snuggle on it. She won the first round, but I can be stubborn too...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

aw- sweet cat!
that pie looks AMAZING!!!
:)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin