Saturday, May 10, 2008

Travel guide: part 1

If you are planning to visit New York any time soon (and if you are who I think you are, you 'd better hurry up with those documents), I thought I 'd give you a little idea of what may, can, and will be seen.

Chelsea

I do not have an artistic vision for this little tour I am planning. It is all for the self-serving reason of whetting the appetite of potential guests. Unlike advertising companies, I just come out with it.

Ridgewood

Also unlike advertising companies, I just snap whatever catches my eye, sometimes in a hurry. So, for this first installment, I apologise for the bad quality of the photos. They are all taken on the way to work, when I didn't have the time, or perhaps the mindset to be very careful with angles, lighting etc.

West side

They are all things I see on a regular basis myself, though, and the fast pace of this series of photos will serve me as a personal reminder of daily life in the years to come (I won't be in New York forever, please remember this dear potential guests!).

Not many of those left any more

The first store to the left has the most yummy baked goods ever. The last store to the left, at the end of the arcade, always smells of freshly baked pies. Yum!

Lunch spot

This little 'park' has a lovely community of its own. My favourite is the old Belgian man who keeps dog biscuits in his pockets, and every dog and their human in the neighbourhood comes over for a treat and a chat.

Source of lunch

Please note: no kitty picture this time. I am showing remarkable restraint.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin