Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Eyes bigger than stomach

I am swamped! And it is all my own fault. I have the tendency to want to do everything and not miss out on anything, especially if it involves learning. So, in the last 10 days I have managed to add about 6-7 hours of work in my weekly schedule, spread over 3 projects. All work related, but fun and interesting. Unfortunately, over the weekend I also went to the Strand and came back with a new pile of books, that I added to my old pile of books waiting to be read. Fearing that I would get even more swamped and never get to them, I decided to put them in some kind of order, and make sure to read them in that order.


My New Year's resolution for 2007 was to finish at least the fiction books that I started, and that indeed did the trick and it cured me from leaving things unfinished. So I don't actually have to read the non-fiction books in the pile cover to cover, but I hope to give them at least an honest chance.

I gave these two enormous pillow cases to L., as the handmade part of his birthday present. They are 25"x25" with a zipper and a very soft, plain blue fabric for backing. The pillows and about half of the fabric were purchased at Jo-Ann Fabrics. The rest is from my stash. They make watching t.v. in bed just a little bit more fun, and that's enough for me.

A couple of weeks ago I was walking down Broadway and 10th (I think), when I noticed these really impressive crocheted corals. I am not sure if there was any more information about them, I was kind of in a hurry, so I snapped a couple of pictures and run off. I think they are a wonderful example of true fiber arts, elevated from the humble but not a bit less enjoyable fiber crafts.


No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin