Sunday, April 27, 2008

Καλό Πάσχα!

Easter for one is still Easter, despite the lack of egg contestants. So this year I skipped the red eggs, and went straight for the lamb roast (very yummy!)


In regards to knitting, the crochet part of the Beachcomber Tunic is still in progress - why is it taking me so long!?!?!?!?!?!?!? I 'd have nothing craftworthy to mention, but thankfully I made a super-quick project to fit the bill.

When I want to use a recipe more than once, I tend to write down the basics and keep it in the kitchen for quick reference. So far, my habit of using post-it notes and sticking them on the wall has been handy, but an eyesore.

After several hours of searching in vain in various stores for something more catching, I decided to make something with whatever I could find in the house. Using a round cork mat (from IKEA), I stapled tightly some bright and cheerful fabric (again from IKEA). I transfered the recipes to some Chinese paper I had bought years ago in Chinatown, stapled a loop of seam binding tape at the back for a hanger, and got my mini bulletin-board in under 10 min.


Although not very interested in Easter, the kitties were nonetheless happy with their present: fresh catnip!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin