Saturday, April 19, 2008

Green things

Today was the first really warm day that I could take advantage of. Inspired by a conversation with a friend, I decided to start my indoors garden early this year - or should I say on time. I tend to put it off, and when I eventually buy the herbs I want it seems to be too warm, and they don't last very long. I went to the Farmer's Market at Union Square, and came back with lettuce, dill, mint, basil and coriander.


Another change for this year is that I decided to keep them on top of the refrigerator, where they get the setting sun, which is milder. I hope this will do the trick. Of course, it is also close to the area where I cook, and I enjoy fluffing the leaves of mint or basil every time I feel like, and take in the scents.

The little pink elephant is very happy to be back in action!

I seem to be in a green mood today. I finished the avocado-coloured wrist warmers. Just in time for the evil air conditioning, which I anticipate will be turned on any day now. Ugh!

These wrist warmers are based on the pattern of the notorious Monkey socks, which I modified slightly to make it a 14-st. repeat instead of the original 16. My favourite number is 56, which works fine with sock yarn! The yarn is Lorna's Laces in envy, and I used my usual 2.75 circular Inox needles. I used about 4/5 of a skein.

Monkey fore paws

For taking this photo, I wanted to play with my tripod and the camera timer. Of course anywhere my attention is focused for more than a few seconds, Seven has to check it out. This is the third attempt. The previous two were all a grey blur.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin