Saturday, June 16, 2007

The mystical communication of cotton

One of the things I have been collecting (or should I say stashing) over the years is cotton squares and small amounts of fabric for quilting or just playing around. Most of the projects I have made over the last year are from this stash. They are fun and an inexpensive way of collecting fabric, even though there isn't much uniformity in what I end up with. And sometimes they can be found in the most unusual of places.

Like this last batch, which I found in a 99-cents store a block away from work.


As soon as I came home, I played a game. I laid them all on the floor and sat in front of them, just staring and trying to imagine what each piece would like to become. It was an interesting experience, as different projects came through my mind as possibilities for the different fabrics, and in a very mystical way the fabrics rejected my ideas. Heh.. Finally, two decided to be cooperative.

So now I have a definite project for this:

And possibly for this:

Hopefully some of it will materialise during this weekend.


As always, Skid had to inspect the fabric-stash box

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin